Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sickness, Nice Drivers, and a Beautiful Day

So I woke up this morning feeling like death. By 7:00 I was thinking that I couldn't get things together enough to find one of Brenley's bathing suits and take her to swim lessons by 10(Yes, three hours away). I was dreading driving carpool.

I am 12 weeks along today and part of me was really hoping that I would start feeling less sick. I know, all four other pregnancies were pretty bad until 16 weeks, but since I started getting sick earlier with this one I was hoping I would start feeling better earlier too. No luck.

So I debated whether or not I could keep one of the older kids home part of the morning to help me with the baby. The answer is no because I am pulling all three out for almost a week to go to the beach house soon. No extraneous absences allowed. Shoot.

I am feeling like I wish I could go to sleep and wake up in four weeks when I will hopefully stop hurling.

I finally drag myself out of bed to drive Rach to her bus stop and drive Mitchell's carpool in my PJs.

On the way to my first stop, traffic is kind of busy, and I need to get into the next lane to make a left turn. I turn on my blinker and the car next to me instantly slows down to let me in. AZ drivers are just nice.(At least to a frazzled mom in her PJs;) I don't often run into a situation where a driver has been purposely rude. All you have to do is drive on any CA freeway to realize how much nicer AZ drivers are. I'm not sure why this is true, but I am often surprised at how willing AZ drivers are to let a person in.

When I get to my first carpool stop, my friend Tiffany is outside with her kids holding her 4 day old perfect baby girl. She brings her over to me and says, "I thought you might need a little reminder that it is all worth it." She was right. It was the perfect reminder. I even almost thought it wouldn't be so bad if I had another high maintenance girl. And that is saying a lot;)

As we are driving to our next stop I hear a little five year old voice from the back seat say with his little five year old lisp, "Mitchell's mom, isn't it a beautiful day?" Yes, yes it is. It is sunny yet crisp, and flowers and trees are blooming bright everywhere.

I still have to use the big barf cup in the car. Driving rarely fails to make me puke. There is still a sink full of dishes in the sink and three loads of laundry on my bed that don't have a prayer of getting done by me today. This means that there isn't much hope of them getting done at all. There is still a two year old at home that will require my assistance all day and still needs a missing bathing suit for swim lessons.

And yet, it is a beautiful day. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

5 people know I love comments!:

Crazymamaof6 said...

way to go getting up and facing the day. hope that morning sickness ends soon. and love to see newborns.

Frankie and Krista said...

I know what you mean about Ca drivers. After being there every week for 41/2 years I am now married to one!!

Spence said...

I hope tomorrow is a beautiful day too. Just remember it can always be worse: You could be Margaret or Brie and be sick for 9 months straight

Rhonda said...

I HATE "morning sickness"! Don't worry, I still sick too. So, you have someone to feel your pain! But, I'm gald you toughed it out and had a nice day!

Melanie and Will said...

Oh, I'm sooo sorry you are feeling so awful! I know the feeling. Luckily, for me mine has passed, and I'm hoping for you it passes VERY soon!!!!! It's such a hard thing to feel so sick and yet life doesn't stop for mommies. Let me know if you ever need anything!