When I got this tag I said, "But I don't have any quirks". And Wendell and Rachael laughed out loud. I guess I do.
1. I am allergic to the telephone. I hate it. I don't like talking on the phone at all. I don't know why. I rarely check my messages, which is annoying to most people who try to contact me. If it weren't for e mail, I would barely communicate at all. And I would get nothing done. My best friend from high school and I almost never communicate because I won't talk on the phone, and she won't e mail. We can only talk in person, which almost never happens.
It is not that I don't like people! I love to go to lunch with my sisters or friends. We love to go out at night with other couples. I'm pretty much up for anything. Except a conversation on the phone.
2. I can't sit quietly through a movie. Well, I can, but I don't like to. I like to discuss and critique everything. My sister,my husband, and my kids put up with this pretty well. So if you don't want to be whispered at during a film, don't sit by me. Or at least warn me. I can bite my tongue if I must.
3. I can't just watch T.V. I can watch T.V while I am reading a magazine. I can watch T.V and fold laundry. I can watch T.V and clean.(O.K- I'm not often cleaning. Sometimes)But I rarely just watch T.V.(Wendell thinks this quirk would disappear with a good Tivo. It is the commercials that make me antsy)
4.I exaggerate. In fact I am downright prone to hyperbole. Apparently it is genetic. I got it from my father, and share it with many of my siblings. Wendell gets frustrated in the car because I am either "freezing cold in here!" or "dying of the heat!" Often both within the space of 5 minutes. Today I told my sister that it "takes 5 seconds" to start a blog. And, often heard around my house, "I already told you 5,000 times!"
5. If I know something, I expect my husband to know it too. Without telling him. I think I expect him to share my brain. He gets a little frustrated when he gets a call about an event that he should know about, but I never told him. Not because I FORGOT to tell him. But because I expected him to already know. It took a little while, but he rarely hears, "What, Sherry didn't tell you?" from his family any more. They expect me not to tell him. They know any pertinent information needs to go right to Wendell, or to us both.
6. When I am really stressed or upset I need a project. This project, unfortunately, is never super constructive like "cleaning out the closet" or "organizing the garage". It has to be something I can see afterward and makes me happy. Like: making new window treatments (after a crash course on how to use a sewing machine) Making a baby quilt; redoing the kitchen cabinets; painting a bedroom (usually involving stripes, plaids, clouds, circles, or something else I have never done before); making baby bows, etc.(I should include pictures of these projects) The cleaning, obviously, gets neglected while I am doing a project. And often, so do the kids.
The best part about a tag is getting to pass it on. So I am tagging: Patrice, Jannalee, and Michelle
Thanks for the tag, Tracey!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Posted by sherry at 2:13 PM