Saturday, October 11, 2008

Meet Abigail Rose!

<


Miss Abigail Rose graced us with her presence 10-09-08 at 8:20 p.m. She turned out to be a very accommodating child.

(The nurses kept saying to each other"baby girl. 2020." And my first addled thought was, how can they possibly know her vision at this point? They were telling her time of birth. Military time. Duh!;)

(She has wispy blonde hair and looks a lot like Kindyl did as a baby)

She weighed in at a hefty 5lbs 12oz. I was a little concerned that she didn't even reach 6 lbs. But it turned out we were very lucky she was so tiny and it took her such a short time to make her appearance. She had her cord wrapped TWICE around her little neck. So if she were bigger and took longer to come out, she could have had major problems. As it was, she was perfectly healthy!(not to mention a lot easier on mom;)

(You can tell how tiny she is when you see her in the car seat.)

When they wrapped her in a blanket and handed her to Wendell he called her "Chipotle" because she was about the size of one of their burritos. But we decided "Abigail" was a little easier to say;)

19 people know I love comments!:

Margaret Proffitt said...

Lets trade. I want a newer, fresher baby and yours is absolutely beautiful. She looks so cute with that ginormous bow on her head. In those first two pictures Wendell sent over email, I thought she looked just like Janee. Weird. I can't wait to meet her.

The Northwest Bunch said...

Her name is beautiful. Congrats!!! Now I know my time is coming.

Ana said...

Congratulations! I love the hair bows! I'm so glad everything turned out all right. She looks healthy and happy!

Shelli said...

Congratulations! I love the hair bows! I'm so glad everything turned out all right. She looks healthy and happy!

Michelle said...

I didn't know Abigail was an option for a name! I really like it! Congrats!
Seeing her makes me nervous. I think I'll keep mine in as long as I can ;) I'm not ready for the baby stuff yet!!!!!! EEEEKKKK!!!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

she is darling! so cute! congrats! i bet you are so glad that is over! yay!

Patrice said...

Congratulations! I was out of town and missed the entire thing. You did pick a beautiful name.

Melanie and Will said...

She's a DOLL!!! And so tiny compared to my "lil" chunkaroo! Congrats! Hope you're feeling okay and doing well!

Hey, if you're ever up pulling an "all-nighter" like me these days we should just get together to help each stay awake!!! lol Make the time pass quicker! ha ha

Vidal's Nest said...

She is so so cute! Love the name you chose!
Grace was 5lb 2 oz, so I know what you mean about chipotle! makes me laugh. So tine. You forget how small they are. I can't remember Grace looking so small!
Congrats!!

macmommy said...

So glad she's here and can't wait to see her! That's the exact size Kiara was when she was born. Can't even remember how small that is. Congrats you guys!!!

Caryn said...

She is so adorable! You totally could have come to Bunco- you just might not have made it to the hospital...

Congrats!

Melissa Resch said...

Yea, congradulations! Wow Sherry you have 5 kids! Love the name and she is so perfect!!!

Devan and Robyn said...

Sherry - she is beautiful. Rachel was showing her off to us the other night! I am glad all went well and that she is healthy! Call me when you need your kiddos to come over... or just send them down the street! Robyn

Full House said...

Yeah! Congrats! I love her name. How are you feeling?

Holly Janeen said...

congrats a million times over!! :) she is simply adorable and i just love your beautiful family!

Julie H said...

Congrats to you all Sherry! That is exciting and so glad to hear all is well. You know Oct 9th is my Angies birthday.
She's gonna be a spitfire.
Enjoy the easy going stuff now. Libras may look for the fairness in life but are a bit opinionated (Gary is a Libra too). A tad stubborn. Smart though.

onehm said...

CONGRATS!!! She's gorgeous!! Can't wait to mee (and photograph) her and her adorable siblings!! ;)
Talk to you soon...

Mandy said...

She is gorgeous! Congratulations! I'm glad the delivery went well! She is so tiny! I miss Chipotle! But, love the analogy!

Nicole said...

Congrats!!
If you ever get tired of her I'll take her!
Thanks for the sweet comments.
Let me know if you want to do pictures.